Sunday, June 23, 2013

Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

The past month has been rather busy and to my dismay, I’ve been falling behind in my to-be-read list. As much as this saddens me, I have noticed that it makes me rule out the riffraff and focus on the books I actually want people to know I’m reading.

This month my book of choice has been Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham. I originally picked this book because of my dedication to Ms. Graham A.K.A Lorelai Gilmore. Gilmore Girls is my favorite t.v. show so the expectations for this book were high. And I say with great relief the book lived up to my hype. In fact, this story leads me to believe the protagonist Franny grew up in ol Stars Hollow with the same clever allure that made Gilmore Girls so addicting.

The story goes as follows:

Franny is living in New York City circa 1995 and has given herself three years to make it as an actress. Unfortunately, the years have passed more quickly than she would’ve liked, and now Franny is 6 months away from her deadline.

With each chapter prefaced by pages from her Filofax planner, we are swept up into Franny’s hilarious journey from busing tables to auditions. And this little tale wouldn’t be as sweet without a love story lingering somewhere between the pages. What I loved about Franny and her guy is their story was both light and real and never tore you from the main focus, Franny.



All in all, this is the perfect summer read with wit and charm that’ll keep you company whilst you soak up the rays. The only downside is you'll mourn for the fact Franny is not your best friend. She is just that great. 

Rating: 4/5

-Lora

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea she wrote a book! I will have to read this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete