Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars


After Atlas Shrugged I decided I would turn to a lighthearted teen novel. I ended up choosing The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Big mistake. HUGE. I don’t think I’ve been put through that kind of emotional turmoil since the 6th Harry Potter.

My story: I casually picked it up last night to get a chapter or two in before some shut-eye. I ended up falling head first into this raw love story that kept me prisoner till 3 in the morning.

Synopsis: Hazel has been living with terminal cancer kept at bay by drugs that can wear off at any moment. Then she meets Augustus, a cancer survivor determined to be a part of her life.  

Conclusion: John Green was able to accomplish things most authors fall short of, namely, a witty love story and actual emotion. I want to write more, but his story was so clean and simple it seems wrong for me to speak for it.



I have now ordered every book John Green has written, it’s about time we got acquainted.  

Rating: 4/5

-Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment